Steamed Pork Pies(Cha chung)
- 50g grinder pork meat
- 10g ear mushroom
- 5g dried rice vermicelli
- 1 teaspoon of spring onion
- 1 teaspoon of shallot
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chicken powder
- 2 teaspoon of cashew oil
- Chicken eggs: Separate egg yolk and white egg.
- Ear mushroom: soak in warm water about 10 minutes, wash and cut in julienne.
- Dried rice vermicelli: soak in fresh water about 15 minutes, cut into pieces about 3 cm.
- Mix the mixture until well combined: pork meat + ear mushroom + dried rice vermicelli + spring onion + shallots + peper+ sugar + chicken powder + egg white + half of egg yolk.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and steam about 10 minutes.
- Stir the rest of egg yolk +cashew oil and pour on the top.
- Continue to steam 2 minutes more until the surface becomes dry.
- Grill the steamed pork pie from1-2 minutes to dry it
* Serve with Broken Rice cooked, dipping fish sauce.