BRAISED DUCK WITH PICKLED TOFU HOT-POT AND TARO
– 700g duck
– 300g taro
– 1 small jar of white Tofu (about 20 cubes)
– 1 small jar of red Tofu (about 20 cubes)
– 1 liter of coconut juice
– 3 teaspoons of garlic, chopped
– 4 teaspoons of shallot, chopped
– 11/2 teaspoons of pepper
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 3 teaspoons of sugar
– Soya bean cooking oil
– 500g fresh rice noodle
– Mustard vegetable
– Water spinach
– Chilli sate
– Duck : rinsed under fresh water carefully, cut into cubes.
– Taro : peeled, cut into small cubes.
1. Marinate duck with 2 teaspoons of garlic, 2 teaspoons of shallot, 1½ teaspoons of pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 5 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of chicken powder, ½ jar of red tofu and 1/3 jar of white tofu. Leave it to stand about 20 minutes.
2. Then deep-frying taro with cooking oil roughly (not over-cooked).
3. And then heat oil in a pan. Stir-fry 1 teaspoon of garlic, 2 teaspoons of shallot and 1/3 jar of white tofu all together. Then put 3 teaspoons of sugar and marinated duck into the pan. Mix up. Add coconut juice, uncovered over medium heat. Simmer duck until it becomes tender then add taro. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Served hot with mustard vegetables, water spinach and chilli sate.