SHRIMP FRY-PANCAKE IN TAY HO STYLE Bánh tôm Tây Hồ
– 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
– 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
– ½ teaspoon of barking flour
– 6 tablespoons of fresh water
– A chicken egg
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ½ teaspoon of black pepper
– ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
– 200g sweet potatoes (cut into 4cm)
– 200g shrimps
– Make the mixture of flour: wheat flour + cornstarch + barking flour+ fresh water + chicken egg + salt + pepper + turmeric powder. Let the mixture stand about 10 minutes. Then add sweet potato into the mixture.
– Heat the cooking oil. Dip a ladle into the cooking oil about from 2 – 5 minutes until hot.
– Place sweet potato into the ladle and shrimp on the surface.
– Deep-fry it about 3 – 5 minutes until the pan-cake gets golden brown.
– Remove the shrimp cake from the ladle and drain it, then transfer it into a dish.
* Serve with fragrant herbs and dip with dipping fish sauce.