CHARRED ANCHOVIES WITH PEPPER – Cá cơm cháy tiêu
– 120g anchovies
– 200g wheat flour
– ½ -1 tablespoon of fish sauce
– 1 – 2 teaspoons of sugar
– ½ – 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 -2 teaspoons of chopped garlic
– ½ tablespoon of fried garlic
– 2 – 3 teaspoons of caramel syrup
– 1 litter of cooking oil
– 4 – 6 tablespoons of fresh water
– Caramel syrup: heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a pan. Stir until golden brown. Remove from the heat.
– Wash and rinse the anchovies. Marinate with chopped garlic, pepper for 10-15 minutes. Then roll fish in wheat flour, drop in the hot cooking oil, deep-fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and drain.
– Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Then add sugar, caramel syrup, fresh water, fish sauce, a pinch of pepper and stir until the mixture has reduced. Then add the anchovies and stir well for 1 minute.
– Transfer the anchovies to a serving dish and garnish with fried-garlic and pepper.