BANANA FLOWER SALAD WITH PORK AND SHRIMPS – Gỏi hoa chuối tôm thịt
– 100g – 150g banana flower
– 100g pork tenderloin
– 100g shrimps
– ¼ onion (slice)
– 10g rau ram (replaced by sweet basil)
– A big chilli (sliced)
– 1-2 teaspoons of fried sesame seeds
– ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
– 1-2 teaspoons of fried shallot
– 2 tablespoons of dipping fish sauce
– 1 ea chilli flower
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
– A pinch of pepper
– ½ teaspoon of salt
-> Mix all of them until sugar is dissolved completely
– Pork tenderloin: Boil over medium heat about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; soak it in fresh water until cool enough to handle (5 – 10 minutes). Thinly slice it.
– Shrimps: Boil over high heat with fresh water and a little white vinegar or wine until opaque about 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse quickly them under running water. Then shell them.
1. Marinate boiled shrimps and pork with 1 tablespoon of marinated sauce and 1 tablespoon of dipping fish sauce. Let it stand about 1 – 3 minutes.
2. Marinate banana flower, fried shallot, white onion, rau ram or mint, chillies and ½ teaspoon of sesami oil with the rest of marinated sauce. Then add marinated shrimps and pork and 1 and half tablespoon of dipping fish sauce. Toss them together until well combined. Let it stand about 1 – 3 minutes.
3. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle sesami seeds for garnish. Then put a chilli flower on the top of the salad. To be served with “nuoc mam cham” dipping fish sauce and shrimp cake.