STUFFED TOFU WITH TOMATO SAUCE – Đậu hũ nhồi thịt xốt cà
– 200 – 400g fried tofu
– 50g minced pork
– 5g dried chinese mushrooms
– 10g cellophane noodles (sliced)
– 5g spring onion – cut into parts about 3 cm
– 1/3 onion – cut into segment
– A tomato (dice)
– Some sliced chillies
– 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
– 1 teaspoon of chopped onion
– 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
– 1 teaspoon of shallots
– ½ -1 teaspoon of pepper
– 2 tablespoons of fresh water
– 1 – 2 teaspoons of sugar
– Chinese mushroom: soak it in warm water to cover until softened, about 15 minutes and drain. Trim and discard mushroom stems. Then thinly slice caps.
– Cut tofu in half lengthwise and hollow them out in a bowl. Add minced pork, cellophane noodles, mushroom, pork powder, sugar, pepper and mix well. Let the mixture stand for 5 -10 minutes. Then knead the mixture into tofu.
– Steam the tofu with the mixture from 5 to 8 minutes. Then pan-fry until goldern brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to the plate.
– Tomato sauce: heat ½ tablespoon of cooking oil in the pan. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic, tomato paste, fresh water, pork powder, sugar, spring onion and onion, and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Then pour the sauce over the top of tofu and sprinkle with pepper and coriander.
* Serve with cooked rice, soya sauce and some sliced chilli.