BEEF NOODLE SOUP – Phở bò
– 2kg beef bones ( shank)
– 1 kg beef tender
– 0,5 kg beef fillet
– 300g onion
– 200g shallots
– 100g ginger
– 6 liters of fresh water
– 0.5 kg flat rice noodle
– chopped spring onion and coriander
– hoisin sauce + chilies sauce
– mint leaf+ sweet basil+ bean sprout
– Mixture of lemon juice and fish sauce
– Spices (cinnamon, cardamon, star anise, cloves)
– 3 tablespoons salt
– 3 tablespoons sugar ( rock sugar)
– 2 tablespoons chicken powder (Knorr)
– Soak beef bone and beef meet in warm water with 2 tablespoons of salt or lemon juice from 15 – 20 minutes to clean the blood inside. Then clean them by cold water.
– Stew beef bone and meet in hot water from 4 – 6 hours with the low heat. Sometimes, skim off to clean the stock.
– Ginger, onion and shallot: grill them until they turn to golden brown, wash and clean it. Then add them into the stock.
– When the meat done, take it out and soak in cold water about 15 minutes and slice it.
– Cinnamon, star anise, cloves: stir them in a pan about 5 minutes with the low heat. Remove them from the heat and put into a material bag.
– When the stock finish, season with salt, chicken powder and sugar, then add the spices bag into the stock and take it out after 15 minutes
– Slice white onion.
– Blanch rice noodle, bean sprouts in boiling water and put them into the bowl, add raw beef, sliced beef meet, white onion, chopped spring onion, coriander and a pinch of pepper on the surface. Then add stock into the bowl.
– Serve hot with sweet basil, lemon juice, soya paste and chili sauce.