SAUTE BANANA IN COCONUT MILK – Chè chuối xào dừa
– 100 – 200ml coconut milk
– 1 tablespoon small tapioca pearls
– 2 teaspoons fried sesame seeds
– 2 teaspoons fried peanuts
– 2 – 4 tablespoons white sugar
– 3 large, ripe but firm yellow bananas, unpeeled
– A little vanilla powder
– A pinch of salt
– Tapioca pearls: soak and keep in fresh water 20 – 30 minutes.
1. Bananas: boil them with fresh water over medium heat until the skins are broken about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from the heat. Allow them to cool enough to slice lenghways.
2. Cook the tapioca pearls, coconut milk, sugar and salt with over medium heat in a saucepan until tender.
3. Stir over low heat until sauce boils, remove from the heat right away (do not let the coconut milk boils over). Add vanila. Stir again.
4. Set the bananas pieces into a dish, and pour the coconut milk mixture on them. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds and peanuts on top. Serve hot or warm.