CARAMEL PORK IN CLAY POT – Thịt kho tộ
– 100 – 150g boneless pork legs, sliced
– 1 teaspoon of chopped shallot
– 1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion
– 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
– ½ teaspoon of chicken powder
– 2 teaspoons of sugar
– ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
– a cup of fresh water
– A baby chilli
– ½ tablespoon of cooking oil
– 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onion (green part only) for garnish
– Caramel syrup: heat 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a pan. Keep stirring until golden brown. Add a little water in and stir until the mixture dissolved completely. Remove from the heat.
– Marinade: in a pan, marinate sliced pork with ½ tablespoon of cooking oil, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 2 teaspoons of sugar, ½ teaspoon of chicken powder, ½ teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion and shallot, chilies. Then add 1-2 teaspoons of caramel syrup.
1. Put the pot on the stove. Cook until the sauce is boiling. Turn it over and leave it about 30 seconds.
2. Then pour fresh water into the pot and cook until it’s boiling again. Reduce the heat. Leave it to simmer until the sauce become thicken.
3. Garnish with a little ground pepper and chopped spring onions (green part) on the top.
4. To be served with the fresh or boiled vegetables and steamed rice.