SOUR CLAMS SOUP WITH DILL – Canh nghêu thì là
– 50 – 100g clams meat (replace by any kind of clam or seafood)
– 10-15g dill (cut 3-4cm, lengthway)
– 10-15g spring onion (cut 3-4cm, lengthway)
– 1 star fruit (sliced, thinly)
– 1 big tomatoes, cut into wedges
– 2-3 slices of red chilli
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– 4 teaspoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of chicken powder
– 250 ml pork stock (replace fresh water/ fish / seafood or vegetable stock)
– 1 tablespoon of tamarind sauce
– 1 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
– A pinch of pepper
– ½ tablespoon of cooking oil
– 1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion and shallot
1. Heat oil, spring onion and shallot in a pot until fragrant.
2. Then add tomatoes and star fruit. Stir it until we can get the red liquid from the tomatoes.
3. Then pour the pork stock into the pot. Add tamarind sauce, lemon juice, sugar, chicken powder, salt and cook until it boiled.
4. Season it taste. Then add clams, spring onion, dill, and chilli.
5. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle a pinch of pepper on the top for garnish