SOUR FISH SOUP WITH VEGETABLE – Canh chua cá
– 50 – 100g fish
– A bowl of pork stock/ fresh water/ fish stock/ vegetable stock about 250 ml
– 1 teaspoon sliced chilli
– 4 teaspoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon fish sauce
– 1 teaspoon of pork powder
– 1 ea tomato
– 30g pineapple
– 20g Lady’s finger (sliced)
– 20g bean sprouts
– 20g elephant ear plant
– 1 ½ tablespoon of tamarind sauce
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– Fragrant herbs: mint, rice-paddy herb, saw-leaf herb…
– 1 teaspoons fried garlic
– ½ tablespoon of cooking oil
– 1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion
– 1 teaspoon of chopped shallot (red onion)
– Fish fillet: sliced 2.5cm thick
– Tomato: cut into wedges
– Pineapple, ear plant: peeled then sliced
1. Heat oil, spring onion and shallot in a pot until fragrant. Then add tomato and pineapple. Stir it until get the red liquid from the tomato. Then pour pork stock into the pan and boil.
2. Add tamarind sauce, lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, pork powder and fish. Allow it to boil again, skim the scum.
3. Season it to taste.
4. At last, add lady’s finger, ear plant and bean sprouts into a pot.
*Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the fragrant herbs and fried garlic